Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hubris

    I don't know if I'll ever even open the 3D Eiffel Tower puzzle again. Boy did I bite off more than I could chew! After an hour, I had put together maybe 3 pieces. That is, I put together 3 pieces, and maybe they were actually supposed to fit together. Assuming I had no cats and also had a large table that the puzzle could rest on for a month or months, I have not much doubt that I could eventually put it together. Given that I do and I don't, respectively, I seriously don't see this happening. On the other hand, I already had a sore back (maybe the wrong time to say "on the other hand," if there's ever a right one) so perhaps I'll be more charged about this some time when I haven't been sorting CDs all day. Don't hold your breath, though.
    I noticed a lot of neat stuff while putting my 300-400 CDs into new world order, but the only thing that sticks with me is that Duke Ellington recorded Money Jungle with Charles Mingus and Max Roach one week before recording with John Coltrane. Wonder who he played with the week before and the week after? (Coleman Hawkins before, says Wikipedia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment