Thursday, July 2, 2015

Temporary reinstatement of emergency procedures

    First question is why am I sitting at a laptop plugged into the wall during a thunderstorm. A: Because I'm dumb. Any further questions?
    We had a severe thunderstorm warning this afternoon, and the clouds to match, so I pulled out an old trick. My neighborhood has a lot of trees, but unfortunately relatively few shade the streets where one does most of one's walking. Thus, I normally do my daily walk in other places, driving to get there I'm ashamed to say. However, when Dad or Margaret were in poor health or likely to need me, I would walk around the neighborhood instead, making it a point to go no farther than a block or two from home at my farthest or is that furthest point.
    Did that today and even though I beat the rain completely, I felt pretty smart when it came later and in torrents. And it occurred to me that even in this current life, with no hope, romance, point, purpose or prospects, it's still neat that I no longer have to be tied to one or two blocks from home most of the time. The prospect of getting my old breezy happy-go-lucky self back some day soon seems more plausible than previously. Especially if I get my hands off this keyboard while the thunder is still shaking the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment