Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Clapping at the DMV

    Don't start with me. I'm finally getting around to changing the cars out of my Dad's name. This is not nearly so straightforward as I was hoping. I went to the actual DMV headquarters (which is a freaking palace; if you're in central SC, you should go just to goggle) instead of the office up the road from me which is much much more busy. I got the forms I need and much needed direction and a certain begrudging courtesy. The lady who waited on me was very curt but that's ok; so am I. She said, "Driver's license!" then realized that since I was handling an estate I might be rich and added, "please."
    The rest of the staff, when they had helped somebody, would break out into applause. It was sort of like state government's answer to Moe's or Outback Steaks. Slightly surreal. My lady wasn't so much into the applause, but that was ok, too. I appreciated the help anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment