Saturday, July 18, 2015

Cheesed

    Good gracious! So there's a brand of fake cheese called Go Veggie! vegan mozzarella shreds. There's another called Daiya. The two are comparable but the former is a dollar cheaper. So I started using it. My last bag got green pretty fast, but I had used most of it. This one, however, bought yesterday, was green today. I picked out the green at the top, used some, but that was green, too. So I set off to Publix to get my refund.
    This was not as easy as it might have been, no fault of Publix. Living EXACTLY where I live, where every direction leads to active railroad tracks, is usually a pain in the butt, but to a reasonable degree. Some days, though, a train stops just next to the road, far enough to be out of the way but close enough to trigger the gates and flashing lights. This was one of those days. It took maybe ten minutes for enough cars to give up and turn around to let me around the curve so that I could see that it was the case. The gates don't interlock so it's possible to go around them, but I do not. So I circled around the long way. This took me into pre-Klan traffic, or maybe they were unaffiliated morons. Anyway it was a bear, too.
    Publix, by contrast was a breeze. What I wanted was to get the Daiya for the same price as the Go Veggie! but I decided not to press it. This was a good thing. Once I had my refund, and the checker had rung up my Daiya, it was half price, cheaper than Go Veggie! anyway. Now there was no sign to this effect or I would have just bought Daiya in the first place. I wonder if the clerk, who is a vet, overheard the story and just gave me a markdown. I'll know the next time I go to Publix and check the price on Daiya!

No comments:

Post a Comment