Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Car boiled over

    Not much to say really. I was running errands yesterday and the car boiled over. I pulled off at a gas station. Even though I could and should have bought water, I did not. I just let it cool down for an hour, figuring I was close enough to home to make it. This was not the case.
    The second time the car boiled over, I let it cool again, but this time it wouldn't start afterwards. By now it was after ten and I was tired and overheated, and thunder was lighting up the sky in the distance. I just got my brother William to come get me. Once home, I thought again and called USAA to find out if I had roadside assistance. I did, but having left the car, there wasn't much help I could get from them. I figured I would deal with it in the morning.
    Continuing the serendipity theme, but not in a wholly good way, at 6 Amelia yakked up a hairball on my bed. This would not be a source of joy under any circumstances, but it was an extremely effective alarm clock. So I cleaned it up, filled and packed all the water bottles I could find and headed off on the hour walk to my car. With water in the radiator, it ran like a top. I took it to the place where roadside assistance would have taken it and there we stand. As of an hour ago (four hours there), they hadn't looked at it. If they still haven't by 4, I'll go rent a car. I kind of like doing so anyway, especially as this old rust bucket seems to be nearing its end. It's nice to try out possible successors.
    More anon department: I was saying yesterday that I might be able to film my own drone and never completed the thought. The thought was that now that I can send it hurtling into the skies, maybe I could get a few shots on the way down. Or possibly my hovering skills might improve now that I know about the H-L button. None of that materialized with yesterday's flying, which didn't go that well. Hope I haven't fritzed the thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment