Sunday, July 19, 2015

Zoot suit

    Had a nice haul at the thrifts today. Picked up a scanner for $2.54. It was flaming death getting the drivers from HP, but on the second try I got them. It looks to be a winner, especially at that price. I have a gazillion photos from my travelling days. It's nice that I might be able to share them without carrying photo albums around anymore. I also picked up an Andrew Vachss novel, which was less of a thrill than I thought since as it turned out I have it already. But at least this is the hardback, so an upgrade of sorts. And I got a zoot suit jacket. I was going to pass on it, but Sam Elliott told me that it looked good on me. OK, he just sort of sounded like Sam Elliott. He looked like and might have been a musician of my acquaintance. Whoever, he said that double-breasted jackets always feel tight across the abdomen. Who am I to argue with Sam Elliott? Or fifty cents (half a dollar, not the bankrupt rapper, who is totally changing his name to Five Cents On The Dollar. Sssss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment