Monday, July 20, 2015

Customer service?! From Time Warner?!

    Because of Dad's death, I had to change his account with Time Warner out of his name. I had the cable box which had been at Margaret's house, but could not turn it in without making the account change. (Granted, people might steal cable boxes and turn them in, but it's not like TWC is going to give them any money. Seems crazy. Still, I guess you don't want to give anybody even an apparent incentive to steal cable boxes.)
    The lady at Time Warner was really great. She dealt with the paperwork quickly and efficiently and was friendly throughout and I was out the door. In spite of my love for minutiae of my life, though, (even) I wouldn't be posting this if that were the end of the story. An hour later, maybe, she called, saying that we have old equipment in the house and the new account might not work with it. I explained that I don't live in that house and couldn't say whether the cable was working or not. She said she'd check with a supervisor and call back in a half hour. She did and said that they had sent out a signal that would work with the old equipment and everything should work fine. I get that this isn't earth-shattering, not even that I finally did something marginally productive, but Time Warner gets such awful publicity. This is to say that Donna of the Five Points office did a great job for us today. Salute!
    (During the transaction, a friend of hers passed by and they had a short exchange. I stood out of the way so that they could chat easily and put on what I hope is my friendly, encouraging face. Whether this encouraged her subsequent helpfulness I don't know. I suspect that she's just good at her job and dedicated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment