Friday, September 4, 2015

Big bowl of joy

    OK, maybe that's strong, but I was pleasantly surprised that one of my food fixes worked. Some weeks ago, I bought a bunch of discounted spices from Ollie's Discount Warehouse. According to the labels, which of course can be faked, they were top shelf brands and, unusually for Ollie's, the expiration dates hadn't passed yet. One item I bought we a McCormick's Gourmet Collection Moroccan seasoning blend. I keep putting it in things, but haven't really fallen in love yet. It doesn't remind me as much as I had hoped of lost days in France eating couscous. But it's nice and all. Just a lot like paprika.
    My go-to seasoning for popcorn besides salt is Crystal hot sauce. I like it a lot. But it turns out that I like it even more with a lot of Moroccan seasoning blend added. Who knew? One suspects that McCormick has discontinued this item, but you can always try paprika. See? I do simple recipes sometimes!
    I set a new standard for weird/dull dreams. I was supposed to be in an improv group, except that I just landed there with no idea what I was doing or supposed to do and holding a notebook filled with somebody else's handwriting detailing how improv is supposed to work. And I had to interview somebody, presumably a prospective improvver, whom I mainly was quizzing about what in hell I was supposed to be doing. In real life it could be a funny improv skit.

No comments:

Post a Comment