Thursday, September 24, 2015

Do I or don't I want two inside cats?

    Before I start, a minor note: I've been at this for so long that my Notepad file where I do the actual composition got very large, so large that it takes forever to, say, put in or delete a couple of hard returns. That even though the first year or two of the blog was done on another computer. So I started a new file. Exciting? No. But it should make this considerably less frustrating for me.
    Also the whole thing is a minor note. Harry spent most of today inside, too, but that isn't much of a mystery. We've had flooding rains all afternoon. But it does point up the question. Since he turned up, I've regretted turning him loose on the neighborhood, where he has a tendency to maraud through the bird and small mammal population. Putting a bell on him slowed him maybe a little, but not much. I've always told myself that I really want him inside all the time, and even tell him this. (Yes, I do know it's crazy.) But I really am allergic and my eye was killing me all morning. Just like it did all the time the last time I lived with two indoor cats. Still, I seem to recall that Benadryl helped somewhat. Now that I'm no longer lactose intolerant, maybe I can move up from the children's version. I'm sure it's a moot point; he won't move in anything like full time until and unless it's actually below freezing. But maybe it's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment