Thursday, September 17, 2015

He wanted to ride the bus

    This is a measure of how great my dad was. After he went on dialysis, after he needed a walker, after we finally convinced him he really couldn't drive anymore, he was planning to take the bus to dialysis. He wanted me to find out the routes and the prices. He didn't mean the handicapped bus, but the regular bus. I steered him gently toward the idea of the handicapped bus, and then right past it to letting me take him to and from dialysis. But that was a thoughtful, thoughtful guy trying not to be an imposition.
    I had weird wacky dreams last night but all I really remember was the usual thing about having two separate apartments, one of which I had forgotten about, both in some strange city. What's odd about these dreams is that they aren't at all upsetting; I just take it as it comes. As such, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. Least nightmary nightmare ever! Also at some point my dream was being narrated by Tallulah Bankhead who was appearing on old-time radio at the time in real life. That didn't seem weird, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment