Sunday, September 27, 2015

Dead toy dog much less sad

    I've been finding amazing toys at thrift stores for practically no money for a long time. This includes a stuffed Wakko Warner (if you don't know, for god's sake don't ask) for 50 cents the other day, a cool toy robot for 75 cents some weeks ago, assorted toy cars that leave the kitties totally cold, a wooden model of a dinosaur, and, today, a robot dog. Apparently, Tekno the robot puppy was a huge seller in 1999. If you can find one that works for longer than ten seconds, I recommend it in the strongest terms. Unfortunately, this one isn't that. It ate one set of Duracells which I believed to be new. Still, they had been in a device (if unused) for months, so I went out for another set. Another ten seconds later, Tekno was again silent and still. Boy were those 20 seconds fun, but still I don't think I'm going to be fooled a third time. Mind you, when I looked Tekno up online, I saw that battery life wouldn't be long. But the minimum time they were talking about was two hours, not ten seconds. Still cute, though.
    One of the many themes I've picked up in my years of blogging and probably also in my years of non-blogging is that when I dream, it's a nightmare if it says it's a nightmare. I dreamed last night that the power windows in my car wouldn't go down. In real life when the reverse happened (went down, wouldn't go up), I just got on the phone, found a dealership that could work me in immediately, and drove there to get it fixed. But in the dream, man, this is a disaster! Even in my sleep, I think I was going "that doesn't make any sense" at least a little. Or so I like to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment