Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sleep solves all problems

    I have been concerned for all the four years that I have been host of Columbia Drinking Liberally that my choice of venue affects the chronically low turnout. Anyway, my choice of venue is something that I can control; my obviously obnoxious personality not so much. Last night, I dreamed that there was a massive bar in the back of Shoney's. (For persons not from the southeastern United States, Shoney's is a not spectacularly good chain restaurant, once connected with the Big Boy uh, franchise maybe, but no longer.) I immediately said, "I've found my venue!" It is a good reflection on my subconscious mind that I was pleased that there were a lot of black people there. Also how my waking mind feels.
    Meanwhile in real life, they are cleaning up Olympia Avenue astonishingly. This is only odd in that the football team has already had two home games and they didn't do it then; this week they're in Missouri and they do it now. On the other hand, the State Fair is coming up in two weeks, so there's that. I am especially pleased that they are clearing out an almost impassable thicket on the inside curve, where one REALLY needs to be able to walk since cars invariably drive in the bike lane to avoid slowing down for the curve. I can't help but think that some senator's daughter complained to daddy after almost getting run down on the way to last Saturday's game, but clearly I'm romancing. Anyway, it's great to have the way cleared for whatever reason; I've only lived hear 6 years and this is the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment