Monday, September 28, 2015

The meaning of precipitation

    Lately, we've been having misting rain almost constantly. This is not my favorite but it does not bother me per se except very slightly intellectually. It seems like for this quantity of mist (i.e., you need your windshield wipers, sometimes on the medium setting) it ought to be foggy. And it just isn't. As ever, I totally get that this is of no significance, but it bothers me very very slightly.
    Yesterday, the weather kept me from taking my walk, or anyway I didn't bother. Today I took my walk and went Oh. When the relative humidity reaches a certain level, the moisture precipitates. (Hence the name.) Thus, it isn't fog we're walking or driving through; the air is just that freakin' wet. I was carrying an umbrella and it was still misting on me under the umbrella. Nuff said or too much; sorry for this kindergarten lesson. It was mainly just for me. As I keep saying, I'll be ready to learn finger-painting any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment