Thursday, September 3, 2015

Which is weirder?

    I will admit to sometimes having difficulty telling dreams from reality, at least for a little while. But this week, the problem has a different dimension, as it is only hard to tell dream and reality apart insofar as they've been so very odd. On the dream front, last night I dreamed that the University of South Carolina had hired Bernie Sanders as their new head football coach. And I kept saying, "Wouldn't it be weird if they made him the football coach instead of the university president-- oh wait."
    At another point I was trying to make a sandwich out of a hunk of burger the size of a tabletop and two slices of bread the size of two slices of bread. I was having difficulty and my brown kitten (if you don't know, you can probably guess that I've never had a brown kitten) was trying to get some of the hamburger. I kicked at him and was horrified when he jumped up on the furniture and my sightline and started crying. Heck I still feel guilty.
    Reality may not measure up. I got my new car title, on which my make and model are listed as "Actual Mileage." I know I should have it corrected, but I think I'll photocopy it and frame it first, it's so surreal. Also I now have a purple shag carpet steering wheel cover. The Toyota Campy has been born. Also Aldi sells tilapia loins; I wasn't the only one to be surprised that tilapia have them. Also one member of West Columbia City Council is named BJ Unthank, which I swear I am not making up. Oh, and the other day, I received two calls from a woman trying to reach a guy named Shady. The second time, she hid her phone number, like I wouldn't recognize her voice. Ma'am, I don't think that was the real Slim Shady you were talking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment