Monday, September 14, 2015

Your pal John = not the brightest

    My favorite trail most days (or walking path-- the concrete surface kind of undercuts the "trail" ethos) has a lot of names. I could pad this short entry by listing them all, but I'll just call it Cayce Riverwalk phases 3 and 4 for short. I walked the whole thing today, as we're having glorious, spectacular, perfect, highs in the low 80s lows in the mid 50s weather with clear skies. The kind of weather I want year round. So I walked for three hours or so and took many, many pictures, very few of which came out. But I was still grinning at the end, not bothered in the least by this. Nor that: I just noticed just how dumb I am. At one point, the path crosses a boat landing. There's a blue painted trail across the parking lot (well, really across the actual boat ramp) which snakes around in an odd way. And I was thinking that this was just arbitrary. I should have noticed that blue is the color for handicapped access; it snakes around to follow the level part so people in wheelchairs don't go rolling accidentally into the river. That only took me a year or so to figure out!
    I am a little sad that my great awesome digital camera produces even less good pictures than my not very good phone camera. I feel wholly responsible for this. I'm sure it's a matter of user error. Then again, if I had an SD card, I could take more than 22 pictures so there would probably be more good ones mixed in. Note to self: get SD card.

No comments:

Post a Comment