Thursday, April 28, 2016

Beat maker

    Forgive it please if I've blithered about this before, but I think that was a different app and a different phone. The iPod has been misbehaving lately. At first I thought the battery was shot, but now it appears that the problem is that it's showing a full battery when it's not remotely full. When I leave it plugged up for long periods, I get battery life like I had before. I think. I'm going to try leaving it away from charging all night tonight and see if it drains itself again. Hope not!
    Regardless, when I hit the trail with a discharged iPod, I sought out other music sources. On THIS phone, I have a beat maker app (called, you'll never believe this, Beat Maker). Usual thing, you pick your instruments and pick when you want them to play over four bars repeated endlessly. This time, they're all percussion instruments. Then you get to play along on one of three synth basses. And what I found out the other day and don't think I knew before is that if you play any array of notes using any time signature or randomly, once you've gotten through the four bars, Beat Maker fits your notes into its time signature. Meaning that a three year old could suddenly be Chris Squire. (Better, since you get away from the whole being dead part.) I was best pleased. You would be amazed how interesting four bars repeated endlessly can be, a point I believe I made when I blithered about another app. And it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment