Tuesday, April 19, 2016

That was NOT supposed to be the interesting part of the day!

    And not that it will be. However, it was supposed to be totally pro forma. When I bought tires last, I was told to come back in 6 to 8,000 miles for a free inspection and rotation. I was a little late at 9,000 miles, but figured I'd do it today before heading to Charleston. Boy am I relieved! Dude showed me where steel was coming through on the driver's side front. ("I think you might have a little alignment problem.")
    I told him we'd have another problem unless they accept checks since I was still waiting on my replacement debit card. (They did. I told him about the card going missing at the Charlotte restaurant. As he had just had his mortgage payment bounce due to somebody stealing their card info at Hardee's, he was HIGHLY sympathetic.) It turned out that I had a warranty. I am not exactly "buy the warranty" guy, and thus assume that it came with the Michelins. Either way, I got two new front tires for $36. And now suddenly I feel safe driving Tamara to Charleston to see David Sedaris this evening. This, we've got to hope, will be the REAL interesting part of the day. Unless he's given up writing humor and wants to show us his watercolors or something. Well it's still Charleston, and Tamara!

No comments:

Post a Comment