Thursday, April 21, 2016

Yesterday's real blog entry

    Of course, I could edit yesterday's, but I think it's funny the way it is. I was off to pick up takeout for our supper (which turned out brilliantly!) and didn't want to take out the extra minute to post entire sentences. As it turned out, I had to wait ten minutes when I got to the restaurant, so I could have easily taken the time. But hey; it would have been a VERY hungry blog entry!
    Not that it was a very electrifying story anyway. What happened yesterday was that I realized that I was out of checks. Went to the bank to see if they could expedite the process. The branch manager told me just to phone the number on the order form and told me what to tell them. My bank brilliantly puts the name of the account on the check, which is a truly unfortunate phrase that makes me look like an idiot to be banking with them. So I wanted that off the check. She assured me that the people at the phone number could fix that. So I called. To make an unnecessarily long story short, it would have cost money to get that phrase off. And to expedite the checks, I could pay $50 for overnight, which I didn't need, or $10 to improve 7 to 10 days to 5-7 days. I could not make the woman understand that I would really prefer something in between. $20 for 2-3 days maybe? Sooo my bank loses another customer. Which was the plan anyway. But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment