Thursday, April 7, 2016

Google, man, you know too much

    I was doing a search today. What I was searching, some, most or all of you might think of as TMI, so just say that it was the word "relationships." And before I had written the entire word, Google had suggested "Relationships between (my astrological sign and Tamara's)." Now my Facebook (and presumably Google+) accounts mention my birthday and my Facebook account mentions my relationship with Tamara. But I'm pretty sure that her account doesn't mention her birthday. Not being astrologically inclined, I've never searched relationships between my astrological sign and anybody's. So I have no idea why this would turn up as a top suggestion. Could be an astonishing coincidence of course. It might be that our two astrological signs are just the ultimate example of the two most compatible. (It do seem that way in real life!) But it just seems like somebody at the Googleplex knows a little too much. And speaking of too much, if anyone wants to know what I actually searched, just email. TMI is still my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment