Sunday, April 17, 2016

Federal taxes no big problem

    Although it was true that every "important tax document" I received generated another tax form, often two or three, the IRS website was very easy to negotiate and the process was actually kind of fun. Well, fun like assembling Ikea furniture is fun. In the end, I got everything together in plenty of time, but since we're a third world country now and post offices aren't open on Saturday, I had a bit of a challenge getting the materials mailed. Did that, too, though, and possibly some day a check will come.
    Meanwhile, people on the vacant lot next door were cutting trees all day long. I guess I was a little stressed. Dude knocked and asked permission to cut. I told him he'd have to talk to the landlord. They kept cutting. I'm afraid I snapped a bit and went out screaming. Turned out that they were from the power company; landlord would have been perfectly happy to let them cut. But it REALLY would have helped if the guy had said that in the first place. (Truck just said Trees Inc.) In the end, I think everyone was more or less happy, and I certainly apologized for screaming. Tax day not the ideal time for cutting trees all day.
    Somehow, I still have to do my state taxes. Enthusiasm is at very low ebb, especially as I'll need to cut them a check. Miss Amelia is agitating to go out of course. That's enough excuse for anybody, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment