Monday, September 16, 2013

A controversial statement

    I think people should have butts. And that they should jut out. I appreciate that you're probably still in shock from these controversial statements, so let me explain. I think, I might be wrong but I think, that the various back problems I get when sleeping on what the TV ads used to call a too-firm mattress were due to having my butt pushed forward, where it isn't supposed to go. The comfort I did derive from firm mattresses was due to the back support I received otherwise.
    On the air mattress, the main difference seems to be that my butt gets to go where it wants to, which is to say back. After three nights sleeping on it, most of my back pain is gone. There's still a very slight degree of what I'm still calling sciatica, but even more rarely and the sensation is even less distinct. Such back pain as I have is when I'm up and about and seems to be relieved by lying down, and anyway is very minor.
    So perhaps it's just me. Air mattresses always seem to fix my back problems (until the cat destroys them) and it seems like the reason for this is that they let my butt be a butt. If I'm totally wrong, I can live with it-- so long as my back doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment