Monday, September 30, 2013

Problem solving

    I did eventually get the drawstring back into Dad's sweatpants; the problem was getting it out again. I tried tweezers, a needle and of course my fingers, but I just couldn't get a hold of the blue fabric... next to the blue fabric, covered up by... blue fabric. I spent hours on this idiocy over a couple of days, feeling like the biggest stumblebum ever. My friend Gypsye offered crocheting needles, which should have worked, but honestly I had no confidence that I would be able to do that either.
    Today I had a brainstorm and went to a fabric shop (House of Fabrics, 1312 Main Street) with the idea of getting a curved needle to pick the darned drawstring out and get it finally out of the dang hole. The nice lady behind the counter said, "safety pin." All I needed was a safety pin and I could feed it the drawstring all the way around and get it out again no problem. I had brought the sweatpants in the car and more or less begged her to do it for me. She did with speed and grace in a couple of minutes. She would have done it for free; I asked her for a price and she said, "Whatever you'll give me." I felt bad that it was only $2-- but I did give her an enthusiastic recommendation on Facebook, and here. And am much relieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment