Sunday, September 8, 2013

My phone is my photo editor

    Mind you, my phone also has photo editing software, but that isn't what I'm talking about. The phone likes to decorate itself. When you go to the photo menu, it takes one of your pictures, blows it up, and only displays the leftmost portion of it. Sometimes this is fairly useless; sometimes it's really awesome. Yesterday it was really awesome. It carved up my already awesome shot of I-77 from Old State Road, which I had already photo-edited to almost black and white (silver filter I think) to even greater awesomeness. I was thinking of going out and shooting it again and then went heeeeeeeey!
    Oh, I have to explain. The phone has two photo editing tools. One just crops and rotates and autocorrects I think. This one is frustrating because if you use it (and save the results), your original picture goes away. The other is an app called Creative Studio, I think. And I just realized that when you use it and save, your resulting picture gets saved in a different place (Saved Photos)... but that means that the original picture is still there. Well, I hope that this still works with one from Saved Photos, since that's where the silvertone picture is. If not, heck, I'll just go shoot it again. I love that place! Point is, my phone is teaching me how to see better. This was an unanticipated result.

No comments:

Post a Comment