Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rocket science

    As I've mentioned, I bought a great pair of hiking boots, they wore down a bit, I bought the same brand and model again and the new ones didn't work out. As I haven't mentioned, I still have the old ones. So, rocket scientist that I am, it took me this long to figure out that maybe a shrewd move would be, I dunno, to go back to them. Not a lot of down side to the move either, since the newer ones are almost as worn down as the older ones now. I swear, I must be some kind of genius! (The really dumb kind, but still.)
    Did it work? I dunno. I seem to be walking less flat-footedly in them. My left foot feels significantly less broky. There's still a bit of numbness in the left calf. There's also a slight pain in the right calf that I don't remember from either set of boots. Maybe I should wear the old left boot and the new right boot. Now that would be rocket science!
    Dad and Margaret are still doing OK with motel life. The designers of the building were just flat insane. The handicapped parking is all at the left end of the building. Meanwhile on the inside, that's where all the efficiencies are. The one-bedrooms are completely the other end. Two-bedrooms are in between. As there are three entrances, they need handicapped spaces by all three. I don't think anyone would anticipate that all handicapped guests would want efficiencies. But there you are. Dad and Margaret frequently have to walk farther than they would like. But so far they're handling it with aplomb, and the exercise should be good for them. If they decide they can't hack it, we can always move them to an efficiency. Only drawback is that the TV is perpendicular to the sofa, so they would get cricks in their neck watching. Anyway, it's otherwise a nice facility and we really like the staff. Knocking on wood and crossing all fingers and toes that all continues to go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment