Saturday, September 21, 2013

Maybe a little keyed up

    Dad asked me to do something crazy for him. I can't tell any details without spilling more than they want anyone to know about going on, but suffice it to say that it was something futile and pointless under the circumstances. I blew up a little bit. I wish I hadn't. I wish I were calm, cool and collected at all times, but I'm just not. I did, however, do what he asked me to do regardless of how crazy it struck me, and he thanked me so I guess I didn't blow up that bad. Perhaps an advantage from his point of view of having very, very poor hearing.
    I'm going to try to talk Margaret and Dad into taking a suite at an extended stay motel instead of her going off to stay with a daughter and him going off to Assisted Living. He was interested in the concept, but wasn't sure if Margaret would be. She's likely to be very busy supervising the process that I can't tell you about. However, there are several suite motels that are quite convenient. On the other hand, while there are also convenient nursing homes, all but one are snakepits, and the one exception has no openings in Assisted Living. The others are very, very far away. So I hope I can persuade her.

No comments:

Post a Comment