Sunday, September 1, 2013

Full day

    On the one hand, it was a very full day. On the other hand, it probably doesn't read back too exciting(ly). On the other other hand, I may just feel that way because I'm fairly tired because it was a very full day.
    This morning, I got a bug in my ear to go back to Congaree National Park and get out on the actual trails (where, but for earbuds, I would have had actual bugs in my ear). This move was slightly premature. The trails were very, very muddy and the mosquitoes were significantly more numerous than on the boardwalk. Still, people had been out ahead of me so the spider webs had been knocked down and there were footprints to mark the muddy parts, by and large. And it's always good to be out on the trail. But I'm not sure I can recommend hiking there for another week or so yet to anyone other than fanatics.
    Just before I got out of TMobile's signal area (which is to say the beltway, more or less), Paul texted asking if I wanted to hit thrift stores and Trader Joe's. I said sure, when I get back from the swamp. So after I got home and had lunch, we hit the road. On Sundays, Goodwill is about your only thrift store option. Paul found a lot; I found a 50 cent shirt and a $4.25 pairs of trousers. Also a couple of bouzouki tapes for a dollar. We listened to them a lot in the car and they're very cool.
    Trader Joe's was a washout for me. I did find frozen vegetable pakoras with no gluten ingredients listed, but there was no "Gluten free" label, so I was a bit wary. Ditto the beef tamales. But I may go back and get both the next time I go back. Paul on the other hand, got a week or more worth of groceries, so I'm glad the trip was far from a waste.
    We usually go out for Indian buffet of a Sunday evening, so we did again. Panjabi Dhaba had more interesting goat curry than usual on the buffet; it was quite good. Everything else was, too; I even saved room for a masala dosa. (They tend to bring them out late) and watermelon.
    On the whole, a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment