Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bull or Bulls Island

    As promised, I'm a little goofy, so I don't know how long or coherent this will be. Got up before the alarm, thus before 6, and got myself gathered up and out the door in plenty of time. Evelyn, who was going to come along, texted me just in time to say that she couldn't make it, so Paul and I turned Charlestonwards. The. brake. light. came. on. This is no big worry (I mean, the brakes worked) but it means that the cruise control won't work. At 6:30 in the morning, I don't really have the brain-foot coordination for maintaining speed. But I muddled through.
    When we made Mount Pleasant, there seemed to be enough time for Paul to get Starbucks, so we stopped. This also allowed me to top off the brake fluid, which dispelled the brake light, so yay. But then it seemed like we were going to be late. Also, on past trips, we found that road signs for the way to the ferry were sometimes missing. So Paul used the iPhone for navigation. It came up trumps but so did the road signs. So yay and a half!
    The boat ride was pleasant, the beach was lovely, the sea was warm and welcoming. Scenic Boneyard Beach was farther than we (or anyway I) had thought, but it was reachable and I got some good pictures. Paul went in swimming and loved it extremely. I really dug the driftwood, but taking any isn't permitted, so I just enjoyed it (and photographed it) in situ. Shelling wasn't too great, but I got a few. The trip was too short, but isn't it always? We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the island immensely.
    We were planning to enjoy Charleston as well, but after lunch at Red's on Shem Creek (Mount Pleasant) I found I was exhausted, so we turned around and went home. I didn't even get to take flowers to my mom's grave in North Charleston. But it was a good time and I'm sure we'll do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment