Sunday, September 22, 2013

Move-in engineered

    So in the end, Margaret agreed that the suite hotel idea sounded good. Since they really had to be out of her house by Monday morning, I figured I'd go ahead and set it up, so I went by our chosen motel this morning and got them the room for the night, and a reservation for the next two weeks. Fortunately, when I took them to see it later in the afternoon, they were very well pleased. So Margaret and I went back to her house to get her clothes, some food and other necessaries. Then Dad realized he needed some medications, so I went to get those. Then we went to supper with brother William at Lizard's Thicket. THEN I filled up Margaret's car at the adjacent BP station, since that's the only outfit she trades with. Then William rode me back to Margaret's to get my car. Over dinner they had remembered more things they had forgotten, so I went and got those and went back and delivered them. Hopefully, they have enough to keep them healthy and happy at least for the night. Knock on wood.
    Anyway I'm thrilled beyond words that we have so far managed to dodge assisted living. Don't know how well hotel living will agree with them either. There can be many disasters. And it's kind of a weird location. But I think it was the best option we have and I'm very hopeful that it will turn out well.
    I was very impressed with the front desk personnel at TownePlace Suites. The clerk I dealt with this morning found them the most convenient room possible with the shortest walk from the parking lot and also gave me the option of a studio that would have been equally convenient. (It was nice, too, but had an inconveniently placed TV, as in permanent crick in the neck territory.) When we got to the room, Dad found it too dark, especially at the sofa where he'll probably spend most of his time. The afternoon clerk found us a floor lamp and managed to slip it next to the sofa such that it shouldn't be a hazard to navigation. So kudos!

No comments:

Post a Comment