Saturday, September 28, 2013

Drawstring

    I'm washing a set of Dad's clothes for him, basically a set of sweats. The drawstring came out of the bottoms and is proving all but impossible to get back in. I could of course straighten out a coat hanger, tie the drawstring to it and feed it around the waistline, but I'm not sure I can do it without tearing anything. Nor am I sure I can straighten a coat hanger with my bare hands.
    This is likely to take a while, so although I apologize for such a dull blog post, I'm fairly distracted by this hard, boring task.
    There are, however, two slightly more interesting items to mention. I've been bumbling around for 5 years now with a utility knife that I bought for $1 at BiLo. It stopped being sharp after maybe 6 months, so bumbling is the word. I went to Dollar Tree for another $1 knife, but failed to notice that I had selected a carving knife. It isn't the worst carving knife in the world, but doesn't hack it (literally) as a utility knife. Being the master chef I am, it's right back to Dollar Tree!
    The other thing is that the lentil hoecakes (or fried lentil polenta) turned out great except that all the flavor went byebye. I put in cumin, cloves, garlic, an entire onion, Tabasco AND Crystal hot sauce. Where it all went I don't know, but I wound up with pleasant-tasting hush puppies, more or less. I'll know to put in more next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment