Saturday, September 14, 2013

Night one

    After one night on the inflatable mattress, I don't feel noticeably different. I still had a bit of what I'm calling sciatica in my left lower leg, although I could sleep on my side a lot easier. (Or at least lie; obviously if I were asleep I wouldn't know about it.) But the fact that I want to go straight back to lie down some more indicates that this was probably a good move. I know that anybody would conclude from my lack of material achievements that I'm a committed layabout, but I'm really not. Usually I spend fairly little time in bed apart from sleeping.
    Tomorrow at dawn, two friends and I are going to Bulls Island (the spelling makes me crazy but apparently it's a convention to leave the apostrophe out in place names) for a beach drop, which is to say that instead of having to walk an hour to the most scenic part of the island and walk an hour back, we're going straight there. So I'm pretty charged up, but you can expect tomorrow's blog entry to be even briefer, less coherent and more dominated by "I wanna go back to bed!" than this one. Apologies in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment