Monday, September 9, 2013

Snafu, but no harm done

    Dad had an appointment with the cardiologist this afternoon. (Side note: his paperwork gave his insurance as Bcbs State Health Plan. Because of the lower case, instead of reading it as Blue Cross Blue Shield, I thought it said Bob's State Health Plan. Well I thought it was funny.) They sent us to wait in area B and he was called back immediately. I settled down to wait. With the modern smart phone, this was not particularly onerous.
    After an hour or something, I started to get a little concerned, but I know that with doctor's appointments, the patient is frequently called back only to wait for ages to see the actual doctor. Anyway, eventually I heard my dad's voice. He was in the waiting area by the elevator. He had been there for forty minutes. Nobody had thought to tell me he had come out; nobody had thought that there was no reason I would move from where I had last seen him. Apparently no one but me found it unusual for someone to come out of a doctor's office in a different place than they had gone in. Anyway, no harm was done except for wasted time and boredom. What's important is that the appointment was routine; Dad had no problems. So an annoying experience, but nothing worse. I'm so glad the receptionist asked him something so I heard his voice and we didn't have to wait longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment