Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Flaxmeal

    A pal gave me a bag of flaxmeal some months ago. I really like it, but can't quite decide how best to use it. I'm pretty sure that desserty stuff isn't the answer. There's a certain sourness that is a little too hard to overcome.
    However, I really dig the texture. If I were to play up the sourness (add vinegar, say), I wonder if I could use this to make injera, Ethiopian flatbread. I haven't tried to make Ethiopian food in eons, mainly because I always failed making injera the authentic way with teff flour. It might be worth a try. Google suggests that I'm not the first person to have this idea, so it might be fun and have easy recipes available, too!
    Brain is a little limpy at the moment. I sleep all night, but I tend to wake up still unrested. I blame Benny Goodwin, whose music I've been listening to the last few overnights. Ah well, Benny was a good choice, but maybe I'll try something duller. Or maybe turn the volume down.

No comments:

Post a Comment