Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fleecy!

    As it turns out, the way to make me happy is for Goodwill to sell me a silly, fleecy chair. A problem with buying from thrift stores, or at least writing about it is that you have to find out after the fact what in hell you're talking about. Googling tells me what the chair is called, but I'm not sure that that will help. It's a round folding chair, very very low. The sitting surface is black and fleecy. People who have seen the photo say it looks moth-eaten, but I don't think moths have a lot of interest in polyester. Google says that such a thing is called a Hang-A-Round chair, though labelage calls it an XL disk chair sherpa. Further labelage suggests that it was new in July and that it was for sale by an outfit called Def Salv for $44. It has had a hard if brief life, but Goodwill still took me for $15.50 for it.
    I don't care; I'm delighted. I can practically nap in it, it's so comfortable. The Monkey has so far been wary of it, as she is with all new things. I have an offer from my friend Evelyn to sew a new cover for it, but I want to see how dedicated Amelia is to destroying it first. Custom-sewn seat covers and kitties of mass destruction probably don't mix. But who knows? Maybe we can rub it with catnip!
    Instant edit: Googled Def Salv and it turns out that this is Target's code for "We ain't sellin' this; it's broke!" The Google hit in question led to a site about shopping for bargains at Goodwill; apparently these items always go to Goodwill. The $44 would have been Target's price, though. Good to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment