Sunday, November 3, 2013

Inchworm commando

    I was walking along Lake Weston loop trail at Congaree National Park when I noticed an inchworm dangling over the trail. I'm not sure they're inchworms, but they do move like inchworms when they land on you. Green animals that hang from silk for some reason, maybe looking for a ride. More like a centimeterworm anyway...
    REGARDLESS, it was a danglin' and I didn't feel like giving it a ride. So I waved my stick above it with the idea of catching its strand of silk and then setting it on the ground. But NO! It came with the stick, but it would not be set down. I would lower the stick and the inchworm would go sideways instead. I couldn't and can't figure it out, I mean the physics. Maybe he was an inchworm commando on a little inchworm zip-line. Eventually, I moved my stick away and he stayed where he was and I decided that the inchworm and I would just have to accept one another. So long as he didn't try to follow along, he was welcome to go wherever he wanted, horizontally or vertically. I wish him well on his commando mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment