Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Went off

    This is another of those "Dammit, I have to describe something" ones. The dialysis facility has an overhang over the front door, meaning that if it rains the patient's ride can pull up to the door and the patient doesn't get rained on. Yesterday, there was a nice lady in the waiting area asking if her family member (a dialysis patient) had left his phone. Unfortunately, even though she wasn't picking up a patient at that moment, she had left her car in the loading area, in other words in my way. Because at that moment, Dad came out and was ready to go home. I asked her to move her car and she did. However, while I was going to get my car from the parking area, a van for another patient rolled up and took my place. I was cussing and fussing and yelling and only gradually realized that car windows aren't particularly thick and that I was probably audible.
    She didn't actually hear me but she knew that I was certainly mad and cussing. I was suitably abashed and told her quietly that I certainly wasn't mad at HER. Fortunately, the rain had abated and I was able to park by the side of the building. Dad only had to go an extra few feet and barely got wet. No harm was done; frankly, I was fairly giggly about it all day. But I will try to remember that cussing loudly in a car is not the best idea in the world. It's possible that I'm still a little stressed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment