Tuesday, November 19, 2013

New wave nightmare!

    OK I admit it; I'm phoning 'em in. Life seems to be transitioning back to crisis mode, but there isn't anything definite enough to post about. Probably also the source of the nightmares.
    I woke at 2:30 am from a nightmare thinking it was morning. I woke at 4 am from a nightmare thinking it was morning. I can't remember anything from either nightmare. At 7 when the alarm woke me I was peeved because by then I was finally ready to sleep all night. This even though I was having a new wave, 21st century nightmare. I was confronted with the most beautiful scenic vista ever, a total wraparound panorama, and my cell-phone camera totally refused to photograph it. So I was trying to get the phone to give me GPS coordinates so that I could at least tell somebody where it was, but it wouldn't do that either.
    Amusingly, I was supposed to be in Center City Philadelphia which, while a very fine place indeed, is not exactly crawling with gorgeous natural scenic vistas. The place was unbelievably lush and verdant, with unpaved alleys leading off through the evergreens diagonally in five or six directions.
    Eventually I went off on a paved street to find an intersection, which proved to be 22d and 29th. In real life, as you can probably guess, 22d and 29th are 7 blocks (including the Schuylkill River, at least in Center City and University City) apart. I was trying to reach Mary, who lives in Philadelphia in real life, to tell her about it. Given how the phone performed in the dream otherwise, I must assume that I failed to reach her. So OK, it isn't A Modern Prometheus; I just thought it was funny how my brain finally updated to the present day after all those decades of knocking around in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment