Saturday, November 2, 2013

Stress dreams that just... aren't

    Last night, I had some classic stress dreams. Except they didn't bother me at all. For some reason I was in New York City with Dad and Margaret. I guess it's a big step for my subconscious that Dad had a walker and my late mom wasn't present. They didn't play a big part in the dream though. As in real life, I was mainly trying to take cool photographs. For some reason, I was hanging around something my brain had invented as the Time Warner Tower. It was more or less intertwined with what appeared to be an abandoned hotel, which was the cool building I was trying to photograph. I went into the abandoned hotel and found a diner. The diner had a senior citizens' menu. It didn't give discounts; instead, it was supposed to be a bunch of items old people would like, but it didn't make any sense.
    I pretty much figured that Dad and Margaret wouldn't be interested, and they pretty much vanished. The hotel then became an apartment house where I was living. I was in the basement, rooting around and noticed a stick holding up the whole building. Naturally, I pulled it out, and the entire building fell over. It was pretty cool. Somehow I escaped and also got to watch; some other how nobody got hurt, and some other other how, I still had an apartment.
    I took the elevator up, but of course this being one of my dreams, I couldn't find it. Instead I walked into somebody else's apartment, thinking I was opening a door to a corridor. A bunch of people were sitting around in their underwear, but they weren't embarrassed so I wasn't either. I just apologized and moved on. It was all like that; episode after episode of stuff like in a stress dream, where you'd normally be gritting your teeth even in your sleep, but again and again, I'd just be amused. Awake, though, I'm definitely going to look into amending my Dream New York City Building Code!

No comments:

Post a Comment