Sunday, November 17, 2013

Free chai

    Or Free Chai and the Grasp of the Obvious. My buddy Paul and I go out for Indian food nearly every Sunday evening. There are at least four Indian restaurants in town, but we tend to focus on alternating between two. At one, the very nice proprietor brought us a couple of cups of free chai the other week. Which was very nice indeed except that I no longer ingest either caffeine or dairy. So I was a wee tiny bit uncomfortable. In the end, Paul solved this by drinking his, switching cups, and then drinking mine too. Then of course I was uncomfortable because now the nice proprietor would be bringing us free chai until the end of time thinking we'd slurped it down.
    Captain Obvious eventually stepped up to the plate. If he brings chai again, I'll just thank him profusely and tell him I can't drink it, but point out that Paul is happy to drink both. Then it's up to him to decide whether to bring it again, isn't it? Gosh I'm getting smart now that I'm really really old!

No comments:

Post a Comment