Monday, November 25, 2013

Pacemaker

    Dad is getting a pacemaker a week from Wednesday. I don't know what all this entails, but suffice it to say that I'm very nervous. There is no such thing as minor surgery at almost-93. Still, I'm hopeful that it will be as simple and straightforward as possible. No one has mentioned anything about a hospital stay. Hopefully no one will, but then again hopefully they won't try to send him home (again) when he can neither walk nor use a walker either. I apologize in advance for nightmary blog postings.
    Speaking of same, my devious brain expanded on the new wave nightmare. This time I was on a cliff and couldn't get the photo and dropped my camera phone and was about to fall off the cliff trying to recover it. I wish my brain would just announce, "Excuse me! You have to go to the bathroom!" instead of going through all this rigmarole to get me up. I will try to train myself to dream that way. Before that, I was wandering through an endless subway station and before THAT I was wandering deeper and deeper through an underground (cinema) multiplex trying to find the subway station. Brain? Chill out! Oh well; guess that's not happening in the next 9 days or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment