Saturday, December 20, 2014

Adjustments

    My friend Michelle shared a gluten-free recipe on Facebook that sounded really appealing. Also it called for ripe bananas, which I have sometimes and have no bright ideas what to do with them since I am not a fan of the ripe ones. It called for peanut butter and honey and chocolate chips and vanilla and honey and not much else. I tried making the recipe, but found it to be chocolate chip heavy. Nice, but I couldn't taste much but the chocolate.
    I tried it again with raisins and raspberry preserves instead of chocolate chips. That didn't work so well. Just too many flavors, I guess. So yesterday, I tried it with a cup of dates and a tablespoon of cocoa. Really tasty, but really, really, really sweet. I like 'em, but then, I used to eat 10X sugar with a tablespoon. I'm not sure how earthlings will react.
    Other thing is that they're supposed to be muffins and I don't feel like buying enough muffin tins to make that many muffins or to cook that many shifts. But trying to use a pan or Pyrex dish leaves me with the middle all raw, which probably isn't too brilliant considering there are eggs in there. Also, all those thick ingredients killed my favorite blender. Ah well. So when I get the sweetness modulated, the recipe ordered such that blenders survive, and convert it back into a muffin recipe (from a brownie/ energy bar type thing), I'll post the adjusted recipe. In the meantime, I think I invented butterscotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment