Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Yesterday today

    I totally forgot to post yesterday, but I'm glad to say that it wasn't because of bad stuff. I am in a little disarray certainly, but things are getting better. Dad was in ICU yesterday, looking lots better. I went by in the morning and got to watch him sleep and talked to his nurse, an extremely nice fellow. He said that Dad would have dialysis again that day. I called later and found that in the ICU, they do dialysis in the room, so we could visit.
    That didn't really turn out to be the case. Margaret and I tried to get there before dialysis started but didn't quite make it. Especially as he was having an EKG at the same time, we had to wait a half hour before we could visit, and then he was too glad to see Margaret and wouldn't keep his right arm still, so we had to go. But Margaret was glad to see him and to be seen, so that was great.
    I had the pleasure to go out with my celiac group for early Christmas dinner, which was major awesomeness and good for morale, and even better for morale, got a call when I got home that Dad had moved to the step-down ICU and was asking the nurses to call Margaret for him. So yay! Today today to be posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment