Friday, December 12, 2014

Back to Lowman Home

    Margaret is still sick, unfortunately, but she called this morning concerned that she hadn't heard from Dad yet, since she usually does. I called the nurses' station, and it turned out that he was getting dialysis yet again, then returning to Lowman Home. So I got my groceries, started my beef stew for supper, took my walk, and headed on out.
    I got there ahead of him, since everything takes longer than it should, including ambulances. I stuck around for a half an hour, charging his phones and generally getting the place as set up for him as I could. Unfortunately, though, I had to head home to finish making my beef stew. I did have the pleasure of seeing him in the corridor on the stretcher, looking good if sleepy. Well you would be, too; I think he had five dialysis sessions in six days. I thought it best that I let him rest, but look forward to seeing him tomorrow and Sunday. Hopefully, Margaret will be well enough to come along at least one of those days, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment