Saturday, December 13, 2014

Ten years

    This week has seemed about ten years long. I seem to be having a lot of those lately. This time it was because of the heaping helpings of uncertainty, and in nearly every dimension. Unfortunately, next week is not looking a lot better in that regard.
    I was hoping that getting lung function back would give Dad back some more brain function. It is possible that this will happen, but it's hard to say at this point. He's still pretty exhausted, so I haven't had a real conversation yet. He is at least more on the ball than he was at his worst, but it would be pretty hard not to be.
    Margaret finally got some sense and got her daughter Linda to take her to the hospital to find out why she isn't getting better. They found a) that she is dehydrated; and b) that she has the flu. She's probably fairly starved, too, as she hasn't been eating. No word yet on whether she will be admitted, but I imagine that she would be. I expect that food, drink and rest will have her up and around pretty shortly. Knock on wood.
    In general, I seem to be getting over the shock of the past few months' events finally. I feel a lot less paralytic than I have been, and considerably more able to cope. Of course, I'd just as well have a little grace period of not HAVING to cope, but this is unlikely at this stage. I will try to bear and to measure up.

No comments:

Post a Comment