Sunday, December 14, 2014

Little things

    I didn't visit with Dad long today, partly because I had my friend Paul along and didn't want to impose. Mainly I wanted to make sure that Dad had a football game on TV, that his phones were charged, that he was comfortable, and that his clothes situation was OK. Margaret is still sick, but wasn't admitted to the hospital, so hopefully she'll bounce back soon. But I was able to let them talk on my cell phone for a little while, which was nice, too.
    I got Dad squared away, except for having his feet against the footboard. That I couldn't do anything about without a Procrustean bed, and fortunately they don't have any of those. I will see if they can get him an extra-long inflatable mattress, though. But the great thing was that he remembered Paul. He has only met Paul a couple or three times, most recently some years ago. And on the way out, he said, "Goodbye, Paul." This may seem like a tiny thing, but this is a guy who has been asking what day it is every ten minutes, or announcing the time on his clock even more frequently. I think being able to breathe is really letting him think a lot better. I was more than a little choked up. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment