Monday, December 29, 2014

Morons again

    And I was going to tell you all about my dreams! Aren't you disappointed? I went to SCE&G to try to change Dad's billing address. They needed a copy of the power of attorney. I explained that I was trying to get them paid, not trying to get anything from them. I guess it could be an element of identity theft, but I had just paid his rather large bill. It seems like a cunning plan worthy of Baldrick to pay out money to get nothing back. Regardless, the business office is just around the corner. I can easily bring the PoA around when I pay my own light bill in a few weeks. Just an unnecessary PITA.
    Anyway, the better dream leaked right out of my head when I had a further weird wacky dream. In this one, I was back in school taking a class that was totally pointless. Instructor required a lot of expensive textbooks, which he ignored entirely. I hijacked the class and made it all about old-time radio, presumably because of the shows playing in my real-life sleep. But I was annoyed and decided I wanted my money back. One of the textbooks, I just held out the window while driving (on a street called Adger Road, which is the name of the street where my high school is located even though it looked totally unlike the real street and the dream was otherwise about Penn) and somebody offered me more money than I paid for it. So I deducted it from my claim. I liked the fact that instead of the traditional "OMG, I don't understand this class and now the finals are coming! What do I doooooo?!" response, I just wanted my money back.
    There was also some kind of business about trying to steal a gas station. I just remember being disappointed that it had a foundation because that would make it harder to steal. Maybe it was part of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment