Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Feet too high

    On our visit yesterday, Dad kept complaining about something that sounded like his feet were too high. I'm pretty sure my hearing still works, but I certainly got an insight into how he feels when he thinks everybody is mumbling. Because what he was saying is that his feet were too hot. I took a blanket away and then he was happy. But it is frustrating when communication is so hard.
    Today has been worrying because I got a call in the morning that his left arm was very swollen. They thought it might be a clot but weren't sure. They had ordered an ultrasound; this fortunately can be done onsite. I haven't heard further, so presumably it wasn't anything dangerous or life-threatening. The plan as of this morning was for him to go to dialysis like usual. I assume that this is what happened. He also had a lot of coughing and congestion yesterday. Hopefully he has been given something for that.
    Today is also my last night hosting Columbia's chapter of Drinking Liberally. Possibly it's the last night for the club altogether, but hopefully not. Anyway, two years from now when the President, Congress and the Supreme Court are all Republican, no doubt there will be an uptick in interest. Regardless, it was a fun time and I wish I could continue. I'm just too stressed to do it justice now.

No comments:

Post a Comment