Monday, December 22, 2014

Global warming conference

    The wackiness of my dreams seems never-ending. I dreamed last night that everyone I know and I went to New York for a conference on global warming. "Everyone I know" should be in quotes (you know, like that) because they were all fictitious and even illusionary (which I'm hoping is different than "illusory") except for one person whom I'm Facebook friends with but whom I've met in real life only once. He is concerned about global warming, though.
    We rode up on Amtrak; most of the dream concerned trying to get off the train and into NYC. As usual, the train station of my dreams was a multi-level Rube Goldberg nightmare of a mall, but the kind of nightmare I get a kick out of. What I remember best is getting off a stairway or escalator and having to get in a convertible to proceed. Moreover, I had to drive it, but only something less than a foot. Then mysteriously the doors wouldn't open; lucky thing it was a convertible! (Did I mention that the top was down?
    As far as I know, I never did get to the conference. I could have given a great presentation on sports cars in train stations. Meanwhile in real life, Margaret is getting better, but still isn't well enough to go see Dad. Dad is holding up pretty well. Because of rescheduling of dialysis around the holidays, he was off today so I went to see him. We had a nice visit, though he slept a lot. He seems more comfortable. Brother Mal is on the way, as in now, arriving within mere minutes. It will be nice to see him, though presumably that will be after he's slept off the 18-hour-plus drive. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment