Thursday, December 11, 2014

Not hearin' nothin' from nobody

    It isn't exactly an eerie silence, but it is maybe a little odd. Usually I would have heard from somebody, especially on the day that Dad is expected to go back to Lowman Home. But maybe there's been a hold up. I can phone out of course, but old folks aren't so good with stuff like call-waiting and voicemail, so I prefer to wait and let them call me. Anyway, compared to the anxieties of a few days ago, this is a soft-shoe shuffle. What seems to be holding him up is that the physical therapists want more time with him. The idea as recently as a week ago that he would ever again be seeing a physical therapist seemed quite remote. So color me thrilled with the delay.
    I woke about 5 with very odd dreams. I don't think they kept me up; I think it was the noise from the HVAC blower. But I was very puzzled. I'm not sure if I was in Montreal or watching a news report, but for some reason I dreamed that Toyota does the vast majority of its import and export activity through Montreal. Even in my sleep, I cried bullsomething. Other dreams were also business-oriented, reflecting the tendency of motels to bunch up in sixes or sevens. In the dream, though, they did so every half mile or so. Apparently, the Columbia of my dreams is a tourist destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment