Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Average

    I'm a shade under 5' 10" and weigh somewhere around 160 pounds, which is still just about average for an American male, as far as I know. I find it weird that I have trouble finding clothes. I understand why it's hard to find clothes in thrift stores, since there are a gazillion average-sized guys looking so the racks are picked over. (What's weird, as I've mentioned before, is how much XL clothing there is for men in thrifts. Spread the word!) What's odd is that it's hard to find clothes my size in department stores. I suppose that my average height and weight don't necessarily equate to an average build; I understand that some people have shoulders. But still!
    Now I find that furniture also tends to be built for people shorter than me, on average. Of course, this might be much, much less mysterious. The limiting condition being "furniture that will fit into a Camry" and yes, I guess that might by and large be better suited to shorter people. But still, still!
    I heard from the Lowman Home that Dad's left arm is again swollen and feels hot, so they're starting him on an antibiotic. I'm glad they're paying attention and looking out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment