Thursday, December 4, 2014

Further malentendu

    Before the daily anecdote, let me pass along better news about my dad. He phoned last night to say that he was back from dialysis and that his arm wasn't troubling him. I'm not clear whether it's still swollen. He doesn't usually call me; just Margaret. I have a feeling that the nurse told him to call me because she has in the past (and he did) and she's an ace.
    Last night as I mentioned was my last time hosting Columbia Drinking Liberally. Only one friend showed up, but we had a pleasant wake. However, there was some kind of misunderstanding with the waitress. I ordered, clearly I thought, their burger of the day, the Moroccan burger. As it's a vegan raw foods gluten-free establishment, it wouldn't be much like a burger, but I was still charged about it. And it never came.
    My friend arrived, ordered guacamole (which isn't weird if raw, vegan and gluten-free) which we shared and it was very good. Still no burger. After an hour, she checked on us and asked if we needed anything and I asked what became of my burger. She assured me that I said I didn't want anything and I assured her that I had ordered the Moroccan burger. Finally, I just said forget it, I would pay my friend's bill and we would be done. She came back with the bill and a burger in a to-go box, saying I didn't have to pay for it. And I really enjoyed it when I got home. Her tip went up markedly, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment